The carnation is the January birth flower, which means fascination,distinction and love.
The yellow carnation signified you have disappointed me.
The striped carnations signified I wish I could be with you.
The red carnation signified my heart aches for you.
The pink carnation meant I’ll never forget you.
- The name carnation is developed from the words coronation of the Greek word corone which means flower garlands.
- An American city that is located in King County, Washington is also known by the name carnation.
- The carnation is also called the gillyflower and clove pink.
- The carnation has been cultivated for the last 2,000 years.
- The carnation can be defined as a Eurasian plant with pink to purple-red spice-scented usually double flowers that are widely cultivated in many different colors and varieties.
Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.
The Amen of nature is always a flower.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.
D. H. (David Herbert) Lawrence